Dr. Vicki Crawshaw Kwarciany - Executive Consultant
Vicki Crawshaw Kwarciany, Ph.D. is an industrial-organizational psychologist and organization effectiveness professional with extensive internal and external organization experience. Over the last twenty years, Vicki has held positions as front-line manager, internal organization effectiveness director and external consultant to businesses of all sizes. As Senior Consultant for The Executive Edge®, Vicki has helped leaders create positive change and achieve new levels of performance, both for themselves and for their organizations. In addition, she has designed practical tools, processes and education to maximize the effectiveness of leaders and their employees.
Experience and Expertise
Prior to her affiliation with The Executive Edge®, Vicki was employed by Sears, Roebuck and Co., where she held multiple leadership roles, including Director of Organization Effectiveness and Measurement at the corporation level. There she partnered closely with business leaders and human resource leaders to diagnose organization issues and provide practical, targeted solutions that drive results. Her areas of expertise include:
- Executive Coaching
- Leadership and Team Development
- Performance and Talent Management
- Change Management
- Interviewing and Selection
- Competency Modeling
- Measurement, Assessment and Feedback
Vicki’s experience spans many industries, including retail, financial services, call centers, repair services, manufacturing, consumer products, healthcare and not-for-profit. She has worked with clients that include Sara Lee, OfficeMax, DeVry University, Littelfuse, CertainTeed, Lawson Products, KishHealth System, Provena Health, Publicis/IT Resources and Crowell & Moring.
- “Vicki has an acute understanding of organizational dynamics and the factors that influence change, and she has provided me with excellent advice and counsel on building support for organizational change. She knows how to translate business strategy into a people strategy that drives performance. Vicki is the kind of consultant that is not only concerned about the success of the project but also your success.” Former Vice President, Human Resources, Littelfuse, Inc. - Manufacturer & distributor of circuit protection products
Honors and Awards
Vicki is an examiner for the Lincoln Foundation for Performance Excellence, which recognizes Illinois organizations for successfully meeting standards of excellence using the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award criteria.
Vicki is the lead author on a chapter in The Handbook of Multisource Feedback and has made multiple presentations to her colleagues in the Society for Industrial-Organizational Psychology (SIOP) and at International Quality and Productivity Center (IQPC) conferences.
- The Executive Edge®: The Coaching AdvantEdge™
- PDI-Ninth House: Profilor Multi-Rater Feedback Systems®
- Team Management Systems, Inc.: Team Management Profile
- CPP, Inc.: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and related tools
Education and Professional Associations
Vicki earned her Ph.D. and M.A. from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and her B.A. from Knox College, in Galesburg, IL. She is an active member of HR Management Association of Chicago (HRMAC), the Society for Industrial-Organizational Psychology (SIOP), and the American Psychological Association (APA).
More About Vicki
Since 1997, Vicki has been a volunteer the Frank Lloyd Wright Preservation Trust in Oak Park, IL. In addition to giving tours, she has participated in multiple leadership roles, including training new volunteers, managing Wright Plus™ (annual house walk) volunteers and house operations, and consulting with staff leaders in change management.
For additional information about The Executive Edge®, please contact us at: