Dr. Terry Neary - Senior Consultant
Terry Neary, Ph.D. has performed corporate coaching on a daily basis since 1987. He possesses the unique combination of a licensed psychologist with corporate training and executive coaching experience. He has helped corporate employees improve relationships, resolve conflicts, problem-solve, and increase effectiveness through his workshops on topics such as working with stress, change management, and communication skills in the workplace.
Experience and Expertise
Terry’s own experience as a leader (Chief Psychologist & Site Director) and running employee support groups contribute to the expert consultation he provides. Through team-building, Terry has helped companies merge into one. He was appointed by one CEO to the company’s Performance Improvement, Quality Assurance & Executive (decision-making) Committees. He has developed, implemented, & reported the results of customer satisfaction surveys. His education & daily experience assessing dynamics serves as a foundation for the understanding & awareness he develops within clients. His perception, insight, & creativity have helped him develop a keen eye for improving processes & productivity, along with both employee & customer satisfaction.
Terry has taught leadership development programs within the Joliet Catholic Diocese and has also held teaching positions at The Chicago Medical School, the University of California at Riverside, Fuller Graduate School of Psychology, & Loyola University.
He has worked with numerous clients including: Fermilab, Hospitals: (Alexian Brothers, St. Joseph, Roseland, Loma Linda VA & Centegra), Knowles Electronics & Hubbard Plastic Surgery Medical Group.
- Terry’s areas of expertise include:
- Change Management
- Team-Building (working together vs. self-interest)
- Communication & conflict Management
- Motivating to increase productivity
- Customer service
- Effective supervision & performance appraisal
- Problem-solving & stress management
- Success in the workplace
- Improving work relationships
Terry has shared his knowledge & experience in his dynamic & engaging manner on television, radio, newspapers, magazines, and at conferences both for professionals and the public.
- “Dr. Neary was by far the most dynamic speaker we have had in the Living Well Series. His presentation style is perfect in my mind. His program was truly “professional” and I could not find one thing to suggest for improvement.”- Director of Living Well Series, St. Joseph Hospital
- “We had a very good discussion after you left. We look forward to implementing many of the techniques and ideas that we learned from you.” - Manager of Information Resources Department, Fermilab
Honors and Awards
Terry has developed an assessment instrument & authored a workbook, both of which have been sold & utilized nationally.
Dr. Terry Neary is a licensed psychologist in Illinois.
Education and Professional Associations
Terry earned a Ph.D. in Psychology from Loyola University of Chicago in 1985 as well as a Masters and Bachelors in Psychology. He is a current member of the American Psychological Association.
More About Terry
Always reflective, Terry used one of his favorite past times to present at an annual convention “Golf as a Metaphor for Life.”
For additional information about The Executive Edge®, please contact us at: