Paul RAMSEY - Executive Consultant
Paul brings considerable HR related depth and breadth given his extensive leadership experience within multiple fortune 500 companies. He possesses a unique and demonstrated blend of both strategy design and execution excellence. His most significant areas of interest relate to organizational challenges- including organizational transformations, cultural integrations following acquisitions, leadership and associate retention strategies, succession planning, restructurings and more. He has worked extensively with senior line clients to drive successful organizational change resulting in positive business impact.
EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE
Prior to consulting, he was the Vice President of Human Resources for CDK Global, a newly spun off $2 billion business unit of ADP, where he was accountable for building out a full, free standing HR organization in support of the new enterprise. Paul spent 19 years with ADP, the last 7 of which he served as the global Vice President of Human Resources for the Dealer Services Division. Prior to ADP Paul held a number of HR roles of increasing accountability with PepsiCo/Taco Bell, Kraft Foods, Union Carbide/Viskase and Harris Corporation.
Paul develops collaborative and influential relationships at the C-Suite level, ensuring human capital practices, policies, programs and organizational behavior support identified business objectives. He develops and implements multi-faceted, accelerated leadership development programs- ensuring adequate bench-strength is available to fill key openings. Paul possesses deep domain expertise in the area of M&A, having led or supported all HR related facets of 30+ acquisitions including due diligence, executive alignment, cultural assessment & integration, payroll/benefits/policy conversion, etc. Through his contributions his organization’s have delivered 90%+ key leader/employee retention rates, enabling transactions to consistently meet or exceed established business case. Paul tirelessly drives organizational prioritization on improving associate engagement to top 25th % while addressing barriers and focusing on levers identified as most closely aligned with key business fundamentals. In addition he commands strong business acumen, fosters deep trust and organizational credibility thereby enabling executive adoption of identified Human Capital strategies.
Additional areas of expertise include:
- Talent Acquisition
- Executive Coaching
- Executive Compensation
- Data Analytics
- Succession Planning/Talent Management
- Succession Planning
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Conflict Resolution
- Cultural Awareness
- Organizational Planning
- “Over the years Paul made significant contributions to the success of CDK Global (formerly ADP dealer services). Through his HR leadership, he helped position CDK to do well as a newly spun public co. His field knowledge and experiences along with his personal attention to talent development helped build many of the structural foundations we have in Human Resources today.
Paul has many skills and accomplishments that will be a real asset for any organization that works for.” – Steve Anenen, President & CEO, CDK Global
- "I've worked for and with Paul over the past 7+ years and know him to be a creative and tenacious HR leader focused on impacting the business through talent engagement and development. He is results oriented, calm under fire and adept at bringing people together around common goals. Great leader and even better person."- Ted Moore, Vice President- Talent Acquisition, CDK Global
“I had the pleasure of working with Paul for an number of years. He is a rare HR executive who truly understands the needs of the company and the needs of associates. Sometimes things can bog down in a large organization, which is understandable. There are also instances where it takes the right HR executive to help remove artificial obstacles. Paul did a great job ensuring that policy and procedures were reasonable and we were compliant while at the same time being empathetic towards our associates and understanding how to fast track things when required. Paul really understood all situations are not created equal and was always there for his business partners when we needed him.” Joe Bihner, Vice President & General Manager, ADP Dealer Services
- The Executive Edge®: The Coaching AdvantEdge™
- The Executive Edge®: Strategic Planning for Competitive AdvantEdge™
- Certified Situational Leadership® Trainer (Center for Leadership Studies)
- Certified Targeted Selection® Administrator (Development Dimensions, International)
- Certified in the Center for Creative Leadership: 360 Benchmarks
- Certified in The Forte® Institute: Forte® Assessment Process
- Certified in Profilor® by Personnel Decisions Inc.
HONORS AND AWARDS
Paul was recognized repeatedly during his years at ADP, receiving “President’s Award” status 6 times during his tenure. In addition, he received two “Directors Awards” while at Kraft Foods. Paul was recognized by HR Magazine in an article (“Innovative Internships”) featuring an in depth examination of the Kraft R&D University Relations program he developed while there. He has been a prior panel speaker for the Northwest Human Resources Counsel.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
Paul holds a Master’s degree in Human Resources from the University of Illinois School of Labor and Industrial Relations, Champaign-Urbana and a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Colorado College. Paul is currently Membership Chair for the Chicagoland HR Consortium. He previously served for three years as a member of the Board of Advisors for the University of Illinois, Graduate School of Labor and Industrial Relations and for 4 years on the Board of Directors for the United Way Far Northwest Illinois Chapter. Paul is a standing member of the Society for Human Resources Management/SHRM and the Human Resources Management Association of Chicago/HRMAC.
MORE ABOUT Paul
Paul, his wife Kim, and their four children reside in the western suburbs of Chicago. He enjoys spending his free time with family and friends, traveling and participating in athletic endeavors whenever possible- most specifically snow skiing and golf.
For additional information about The Executive Edge®, please contact us at: