Andrew Botwin - Senior Consultant
Andrew (or Andy) is a seasoned executive and leadership coach, with experience in small, medium, and large sized businesses. Andy has nearly 20 years of experience in working with various individuals and teams from junior levels up through senior executives. Andy is particularly strong at working with leaders to help raise awareness levels around both themselves and their businesses. Andy has worked with a leadership teams in a business to take their company from a high turnover organization to one that is now listed on Fortune Magazine’s prestigious 100 Best Companies to Work For in the United States. Andy has extensive experience in strategic planning, executive coaching, change management, high potential leadership development, organizational design, 360° feedback, team development, human resources management and more.
Experience and Expertise
Prior to joining The Executive Edge®, Inc., Andy was a partner and the national head of Human Resources for a top 25 CPA firm. There, Andy worked with a leadership team and at large partnership to drive culture change in the organization, coached various executives as they were growing in their leadership positions, and helped drive the operations of this 1,000 person firm. Andy also worked for a top national staffing and payroll organization helping that organization with risk management and human resources issues. Andy was also an auditor with Arthur Anderson where he worked with many publicly traded and privately held businesses. In addition to the traditional corporate experience, Andy has run his own executive and leadership coaching business where he has helped numerous executives and business leaders. Andy has been asked to speak at several national conventions including a keynote speaker address in 2013.
Andy’s key areas of expertise include:
- "Andrew has provided me with sage advice and executive strategy for handling key and sometimes delicate situations. He has been an asset over the course of my career.” - Senior Vice President, Haag Engineering
- “I have approached Andrew at several points throughout the years for his well-rounded and level headed guidance to which he has been an invaluable resources to me. His ability to listen to my concerns, provide unquestionable support, and challenge me toward resolutions has been truly exemplary. With my highest recommendation, Andrew would be a terrific person to work with, both as a personal coach and to help with the strategy and leadership development of any business.” – Deputy Attorney General, State of New Jersey
- “Andrew was a key driver helping firm management enhance our corporate culture ultimately leading us to several Best Place to Work accolades both locally and nationally. This has undoubtedly helped our firm's overall profitability. Our efforts surrounding being an employer of choice have become a core part of our business strategy and Andrew's work created the building blocks for this.” – CEO, Rothstein Kass
- “Andrew has a true passion for building and expanding great workplace cultures. I have seen him take a lead role in shaping a Great Place to Work and have worked with him in collaborative environments with leaders from some of the most cutting edge employers in the world. As a senior leader in an organization dedicated to working on strengthening workplace cultures, I have seen many people in this discipline. Andrew is a natural in this area and would be an asset to any organization." – Executive Vice President, Great Place to Work Institute
Education and professional associations
- University of Texas - Dallas, Texas , Graduate Program in Executive Coaching
- Rutgers School of Law – Newark, New Jersey, Juris Doctorate
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, New Jersey MBA in Human Resource Management
- Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania, BS (Major - Accounting), 1995
- Memberships: the Society for Human Resources Management, the New Jersey State Bar Association, the New York State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and a participant in many LinkedIn professional groups around organizational development and executive leadership.
Board and advisory groups
The Rose House, Board Member
The Rose House is a non-profit organization, providing person-centered programs for developmentally disabled adults, helping them to pursue their goals and dreams, and become valued members of their communities. The Rose House provides community-based residential living, competitive employment training, and job sampling for high school seniors.
The American Conference on Diversity, Essex County Chapter Board Member
The American Conference on Diversity focuses on educational programs and leadership development with the hope of instilling value in diversity, educating leaders and promoting respect in schools, workplaces and communities across New Jersey.
The Morris Museum, Corporate Advisory Committee Member
The Morris Museum is a private, nonprofit corporation with the mission to elevate the cultural consciousness, excite the mind and enhance the quality of life by advancing the understanding and enjoyment of the visual and performing arts, natural and physical sciences and humanities through exhibitions, performances and educational programs in a welcoming, inclusive and creative environment that responsibly uses all museum resources.
More About andy
Andy and his wife Laura have two children, Jack and Hunter. They live in New Jersey and enjoy a variety of activities. Andy coaches little league baseball and is active in his local community. He also enjoys playing recreational ice hockey.
For additional information about The Executive Edge®, please contact us at: